1. Find out what to get a lion for Christmas. Looks like the animals at Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens made Santa’s nice list. Watch them open their gifts. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 and Tuesday, Dec. 24, at 1590 Goodlette-Frank Road, Naples. $19.95, adults 13-63; $18.95, seniors 65 and older; $12.95, children 3-12; free, members and children 2 and younger. 239-262-5409 or napleszoo.com
2. Take in some holiday fun for the whole family. Let the kids do some cartooning with Santa (Monday) or take the family on a Clydesdale wagon ride (Friday and Jan. 3) during Edison & Ford Winter Estates Holiday Nights. 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. through Jan. 4, closed Tuesday and Wednesday, at Edison and Ford Winter Estates, 2350 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers. Self guided tours $15, adults; $2, children 6-12; $8 students. Wagon rides, $10 adults and $5, children. 239-334-7419
3. Enjoy a Christmas dinner If you don't want to spend the holiday in the kitchen, In the 239 know what restaurants will be open for Christmas.
4. Catch a musical take on Shakespeare When you a Jet, you’re a Jet all the way! It’s the story of Romeo and Juliet set to the music of Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim. ‘West Side Story’ is at 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday; and 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday at Artis—Naples, 5833 Pelican Bay Blvd., Naples. $80-$115. 239-597-1900 or artisnaples.org
5. Get ready to ring in 2014 Still not sure what to do for New Year’s Eve? There are plenty of options available In the 239