1. Explore the great outdoors. The delayed “Ding” Darling Days kicks off Monday, Oct. 21, at J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge, 1 Wildlife Drive, Sanibel. The weeklong festival features guided hikes, nature cruises, lectures and more. Free-$30. Full schedule at www.dingdarlingsociety.org
2. Take a stroll and enjoy some art along with special dining discounts.Palette to Palate is from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22, at various locations around Crayton Cove, 12th Avenue South and Eight Street South, Naples. 239-435-3938 or naplesnews.com/cityfest
3. Spend an evening at the theater. When movie star Alexander Lewis wake up dead he finds himself in a new role — guardian angel to one of his biggest fans. “Afterlife of the Rich and Famous,” is at 7:30 p.m. Thursday,Oct. 24-Saturday, Oct. 26 and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at Golden Gate Community Center, 4701 Golden Gate Parkway, Naples. $18. For tickets and additional show times: letsputonashowproductions.com or 239-398-9192
Photo by LANCE SHEARER // Buy this photo
4. Have fun with the whole family. At Halloween Family Fun Night families can enjoy and evening of treats, games and a costume contest (Best themed, scariest, silliest and most creative costume), and more. 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Vineyards Community Park, 6231 Arbor Blvd., Naples. $15 per family. 239-353-9669
Want more family fun? Check back Tuesday for Family Fun with Leigh
5. Party at Octoberfest. Nosh on German food and sample a beer or two during Gulf Coast Runners’ Octoberfest. Noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Galleria Shoppes at Vanderbilt, 2355 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples. $30 per person includes food, beer stein and three beers. Must be 21 or older. Information/Tickets: www.gcrunner.org.