Raw deal: Cider Press Café makes healthy foods taste amazing
Published 3/14/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
North Naples' new Cider Press Cafe makes raw, vegan, healthy cuisine taste amazing.
In the 239: Top 5 things to do this weekend
Published 3/13/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out Maryann Batlle's suggestions.
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day at local restaurants
Published 3/12/2014 at 7:00 a.m. 0 comments
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with corned beef and cabbage at local restaurants.
Let's Talk Food: Ireland's traditional food reflects Irish spirit
Published 3/12/2014 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
Doris Reynolds' weekly column, Let's Talk Food, focuses on Irish cuisine this week in time for St. Patrick's Day.
In the Know: Skillets opens 5th location this week in the 239
Published 3/11/2014 at 10:00 p.m. 0 comments
Tim Aten's weekly column, In the Know, reports the latest in local restaurants coming and going, including the fifth location for Skillets opening Friday.
Sushi sleuths: 2 sushi lovers go looking for best in the 239
Updated 3/11/2014 at 10:07 p.m. 0 comments
Sample some sushi from local restaurants. Here's a look at your options.
McDonald’s to try build-your-own-burger menu
Published 3/10/2014 at 3:13 p.m. 0 comments
McDonald's is fighting to hold onto customers amid intensifying competition. On Monday, the world's biggest hamburger chain said an important sales figure fell again in the U.S. The company blamed bad winter weather in part, but also conceded that "challenging ...
Retooled Agave serves favorites from both bar and grill
Published 3/6/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Agave Southwestern Tequila Bar & Grill is now simply Agave Bar & Grill. Here's a look at the new menu for the retooled North Naples restaurant.
Let's Talk Food: Tale of snails for Lent
Published 3/5/2014 at 1:00 a.m. 0 comments
Doris Reynolds' weekly column, Let's Talk Food, talks about snails and other Lenten foods this week on Ash Wednesday.
In the Know: Is Culver's restaurant still coming to East Naples?
Published 3/4/2014 at 8:10 p.m. 0 comments
The sign announcing the pending construction of a Culver’s restaurant on U.S. 41 just west of a Collier Boulevard has been removed. Is Culvers’ going to build on that site?
Where to find the finest flapjacks around — plain or in devilishly delicious permutations
Published 3/4/2014 at 4:29 p.m. 0 comments
Hot, dotted with butter, swimming in a sweet lake of maples syrup: Pancakes are the traditional food to herald Lent, but they're just as good during the season.
Suds flow, crowd hoppin’ at third Naples Craft Beer Fest
Published 3/1/2014 at 7:37 p.m. 1 comment
Millner was one of more than 1,000 people who paid $60 in advance or $65 at the door to sample beer and food pairings offered by 15 local restaurants. The restaurants competed for two prizes: the People’s Choice and the ...
Alto restaurant sings its way into Naples
Published 2/27/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Here's an exclusive look at Alto Live Jazz Kitchen, which recently opened in Naples' Bayfront.
In the Know: Continental steakhouse replacing Handsome Harry’s this year
Published 2/26/2014 at 5:00 a.m. 0 comments
Continental is the name of the new steakhouse D’Amico & Partners plans to open this fall to replace Handsome Harry’s Third Street Bistro, 1205 Third St. S., in downtown Naples.
Let's Talk Food: Spam much more than 'meal in a can'
Published 2/26/2014 at 1:00 a.m. 0 comments
Doris Reynolds' weekly column, Let's Talk Food, celebrates Spam this week.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Feb 25th 2014 Kitchen 41
- Feb 9th 2014 Crowds enjoy dancing and food at St…
- Feb 4th 2014 Rendezvous with romance
- Jan 28th 2014 Seattle and Denver: A brew lover's…
- Jan 15th 2014 Haute Chocolate: The best hot…
- Jan 3rd 2014 Dining review: Hibachi of Japan
- Dec 31st 2013 New local restaurants to open in 2014
- Dec 27th 2013 Dining review: Cafe Luna
- Dec 25th 2013 Christmas At Joe's Diner
- Dec 24th 2013 SORRY, WE'RE CLOSED: Local eateries…
- Dec 24th 2013 NOW OPEN: New area restaurants in 2013
- Dec 23rd 2013 The Epicurean Hotel in Tampa
- Feb 25th 2014 Kitchen 41
- Feb 9th 2014 St. Katherine's Levendia dancers…
- Jan 28th 2014 Super Bowl Beers
- Jan 25th 2014 Talk with Top Chef winner Kristen Kish
- Jan 25th 2014 Lamborghini goes for nearly $1…
- Jan 25th 2014 Wine Fest 2014: Adria Starkey, event…
- Nov 14th 2013 How the Showcase fold-in cover works
- Oct 1st 2013 In The 239: Pumpkin beer abounds, but…
- Sep 30th 2013 Pumpkin beers all the rage this fall
- Jun 25th 2013 How to grill your fish
- Jun 25th 2013 How to clean your fish
- Nov 17th 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide