Cheryl Tiegs reflects on white 'fishnet' SI swimsuit, modeling career
Updated 3/7/2014 at 6:06 p.m. 0 comments
One of her more famous photos was in the 1978 edition, featuring her in a one-piece white fishnet swimsuit. It led to some angry Sports Illustrated subscribers who canceled.
Review: TheatreZone makes all the right moves in stunning “Chess” game
Published 3/7/2014 at 11:00 a.m. 0 comments
Mark Danni must be a chess player. He makes all the right moves in completely sold-out Cold War musical “Chess,” guiding pawns past queens with clinical precision. When played well, chess is elegant in its perfection. This game of “Chess” ...
Review: Naples Players wake up to applause with "Drowsy Chaperone"
Published 3/6/2014 at 1:22 p.m. 0 comments
Come for “The Drowsy Chaperone.” Stay for the overexcited fiancé. James Flannery, who spent nine years in New York, explodes off the stage as tap-dancing, roller-skating and entirely love-struck boyfriend Robert Martin in the latest Naples Players musical. He even ...
Detroit's symphony still a Motor City star
Published 3/5/2014 at 1:10 p.m. 0 comments
The Detroit Symphony is still a formidable music machine. And whom to better pair it with than a formidable musicin, Hilary Hahn?
In the 239: A variety of trunk shows to the latest designs
Published 3/3/2014 at 5:40 a.m. 0 comments
Trunk shows to see the newest collections
Sneak Peek: Fun things you can do this week
Published 3/2/2014 at 1:00 p.m. 0 comments
Find out fun actitivies to do this week in Southwest Florida.
Get a new perspective on the familiar tale of Frankenstein from community collaboration
Published 2/27/2014 at 4:00 a.m. 0 comments
Frankenstein's problem may have been that he didn't have good marketing. That's about to end, with "Frankenstein, a New Musical," a community production.
Review: Gulfshore Playhouse solves "Case of the Critic Who Knew Too Much"
Published 2/23/2014 at 8:00 p.m. 0 comments
Sometimes, the critic's job is easy. Take Friday. The gentleman behind me served up a running commentary during opening night of Gulfshore Playhouse's "The Game's Afoot." Director Michael Marotta and his cast will be happy to know that they're "**** ...
Review: Broadway Palm conquers the City of Light in "Les Miserables"
Published 2/23/2014 at 6:16 p.m. 0 comments
Saturday night's alright for fighting. That's right! Come to Broadway Palm, to Paris, to the barricade, to "Les Miserables." Even if you've seen it eleventy-billion times before. This one, like all live theatre, is different. And better.
Deaf actor shines in FGCU "Laramie Project" play
Published 2/22/2014 at 5:30 a.m. 0 comments
When FGCU's drama department decided to tackle a volatile play, it also decided to break a barrier: One of the cast is deaf.
Review: FGCU students dazzle with smart, thoughtful "Laramie Project"
Published 2/21/2014 at 12:17 p.m. 0 comments
More than 16 years on, the tragic death of Matthew Shepard still resonates across the American landscape. Florida Gulf Coast University's presentation of "The Laramie Project" offers a thoughtful, sensitive and deeply moving examination of how the story unfolded.
Review: Ghostbird digs deep in stunning original play "Beauty"
Published 2/20/2014 at 3:30 p.m. 0 comments
Ghostbird Theatre Company traffics in the odd, the unusual and the intersection of art, poetry and the human spirit. You might not understand. Unimportant. Be gone with what you will, be it a grain of sand, a deeper understanding, a ...
In the 239: Top 5 things to do this weekend
Published 2/20/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out Maryann Batlle's suggestions.
Review: "Once" makes you think twice about falling in love, with anyone
Published 2/19/2014 at 10:45 a.m. 0 comments
Just this once, can "Once" have a twice? It was beautiful. It was brilliant. It never had a chance. All his love needed was her. And an audience at the height of season who didn't cough, sneeze, shuffle and snore. ...
Preview: "The Game's Afoot" as Gulfshore combines mystery, fun, farce
Published 2/18/2014 at 2:46 p.m. 0 comments
Hey. Sherlock Holmes is coming to Naples. The famous detective is throwing a party. And the guests (might) end up dead. Tea at two. Dinner at eight. Murder at midnight. "The Game's Afoot" at Gulfshore Playhouse through March 16.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Review: THE GAME'S AFOOT at Gulfshore Playhouse The Stage Door | Posted 2/24/2014 at 8:16 p.m. 0 comments
- Read the review: LES MISERABLES at Broadway Palm The Stage Door | Posted 2/24/2014 at 8:09 p.m. 0 comments
- St. Patrick's Day events in Naples The Stage Door | Posted 2/18/2014 at noon 0 comments
- Naples Players announce "Gypsy" in summer 2014, "Oklahoma!" in spring 2015 The Stage Door | Posted 2/5/2014 at 11:04 a.m. 0 comments
- Mar 1st 2014 Ticket Sales – Gulfshore Playhouse
- Feb 8th 2014 50th Anniversary of the Beatles in…
- Feb 3rd 2014 Caribbean art show on Bayshore
- Jan 25th 2014 Chalk Art on 5th Ave in Naples
- Jan 12th 2014 Bonita Springs National Art Festival
- Jan 9th 2014 Installation at Artis—Naples
- Dec 21st 2013 Barbara B. Mann Memorial
- Dec 19th 2013 On stage In the 239: 'We Will Rock You'
- Dec 16th 2013 Lakeside Country Bash 2013
- Dec 15th 2013 Barbara B Mann through the years
- Dec 8th 2013 Artis—Naples celebrates 25 years
- Dec 7th 2013 Art Basel Miami 2013
- Feb 20th 2014 The Laramie Project at FGCU
- Oct 1st 2013 Naples International Film Festival…
- Apr 25th 2013 NewsMakers: Kathleen Van Bergen
- Mar 21st 2013 NewsMakers: Frank Verpoorten
- Mar 2nd 2013 Tango instructor Pablo Repun
- Nov 23rd 2011 NewsMakers: Steffanie Pearce
- Nov 23rd 2011 NewsMakers: Mark Danni
- Oct 27th 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- May 13th 2011 "42nd Street" Rehearsals: Hey Ethel!
- Feb 25th 2011 Inside the art and antique fair
- Jun 11th 2010 Loni Love
- May 14th 2010 Radio City Rockettes demonstrate moves
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Motown & Reggae Favorites 740 North Collier Boulevard, Marco Island -- 8 P.M.
- "Lady with all the Answers" - An evening with Ann Landers Golden Gate Community Center -- 8 P.M.
- Shakespeare in Paradise Workshop (ages 13 & up) Center for Performing Arts - Moe Auditorium & Film Center Bonita Springs -- 2 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- The Graduate Laboratory Theater of Florida -- 8 P.M.