Review: Campy, trashy, fab - Queen's "We Will Rock You" rules Fort Myers
Published 12/18/2013 at 2:25 p.m. 0 comments
"We Will Rock You" is fantastic. Fantastic, campy trash that probably sent Freddie Mercury rolling in his grave. At least a few times. Then the checks started rolling in and he realized it was all a glorious acid-fueled music video ...
5 things to do this week: Explore the Cocohatchee River by moonlight
Published 12/16/2013 at 12:22 p.m. 0 comments
What are you doing this week? Whether you're in the mood to take a moonlight paddle or craft your own holiday jewelry, here are five events to add to your entertainment calendar.
Rockettes kick holiday into high gear in Tampa
Published 12/15/2013 at 3:00 p.m. 0 comments
The Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes danced into the Straz Center in Tampa on Thursday, bringing a dose of Christmas cheer.
Barbara B. Mann, leading lady of the arts, dies at 100
Updated 12/16/2013 at 6:15 a.m. 0 comments
Barbara B. Mann, well-known in the community as Lee County's leading lady of the arts, has died. She was 100. The so-called "First Lady of the Theatre" in Fort Myers had long come to symbolize the local arts community.
12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Golden Globes nominations
Updated 12/12/2013 at 12:37 p.m. 0 comments
The Golden Globe nominations have been announced in Beverly Hills, Calif., by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
Art news: Sample power bass, sip some nog for opera
Published 12/12/2013 at 6:29 a.m. 0 comments
Have you ever heard the Beatles played on bass? Or a concerto for four of them?
BACKSTAGE PASS: Get them gifts from local artists
Published 12/12/2013 at 6:11 a.m. 0 comments
Local artists have a lot to offer as one-of-a-kind holiday gifts.
All that glitters: Cheri Dunnigan premieres jewelry line benefiting new Center for Performing Arts
Published 12/10/2013 at 3:00 p.m. 0 comments
In a season known for glitter and sparkle, Master Goldsmith Cheri Dunnigan has found a way to ensure that the arts shine as a bright light in Bonita Springs well past the December holidays.
Annual Wildlife and Wildlands Art Show
Updated 12/10/2013 at 10:51 a.m. 0 comments
The 16th annual Wildlife and Wildlands Art Show will be held on Saturday, January 18.
'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
Published 12/10/2013 at 8:37 a.m. 0 comments
Eleanor Parker, who was nominated for Academy Awards three times for her portrayals of strong-willed women and played a scheming baroness in "The Sound of Music," has died at 91.
Review: Florida Rep opens charming holiday parcel "My Three Angels"
Published 12/9/2013 at 6:34 p.m. 0 comments
Who on earth could possibly want to spend Christmas in 105-degree weather? Well, nobody actually does. But you'll want to after watching Florida Rep's "My Three Angels." Three convicts come down from the roof in Cayenne, French Guiana on Christmas ...
Review: Nickell delivers in magical "Marley" at Gulfshore Playhouse
Published 12/9/2013 at 4:11 p.m. 0 comments
It's magically delicious. Cody Nickell turns in a tour de force performance as Jacob Marley (and 17 other characters) in the Gulfshore Playhouse production of "Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol."
Jeb Bush, Teri Hatcher featured at annual literacy event
Published 12/9/2013 at 12:21 p.m. 0 comments
The event includes dinner and begins at 6 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 14 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa.
Published 12/7/2013 at 4:00 a.m. 0 comments
Almost as good as being under the Big Top: Seeing some of its memorabilia close-up. Visitors to Howl Gallery in Fort Myers can do that beginning tonight, Saturday, Dec. 7.
Broadway wins in live 'Sound of Music'
Published 12/6/2013 at 5:30 p.m. 0 comments
Whew, that was nerve-wracking, right? All those kids and staircases, pillow fights, candles and dancing. But somehow the cast and crew of NBC’s three-hour live telecast of “The Sound of Music” pulled it off Thursday night with only a trodden-on ...
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Reviews: JACOB MARLEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL at Gulfshore Playhouse (2) The Stage Door | Posted 12/18/2013 at 2:52 p.m. 0 comments
- Review: WE WILL ROCK YOU national tour at Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall The Stage Door | Posted 12/18/2013 at 2:40 p.m. 0 comments
- Two memorial services set for Barbara B. Mann The Stage Door | Posted 12/16/2013 at 7:39 a.m. 0 comments
- Arts leader Barbara B. Mann dies at 100 The Stage Door | Posted 12/15/2013 at 10:34 a.m. 0 comments
- Dec 16th 2013 Lakeside Country Bash 2013
- Dec 15th 2013 Barbara B Mann through the years
- Dec 8th 2013 Artis—Naples celebrates 25 years
- Dec 7th 2013 Art Basel Miami 2013
- Dec 4th 2013 The Santaland Diaries at Florida…
- Nov 28th 2013 Nutcracker tales abound this season
- Nov 27th 2013 Annual Hanukkah Celebration At Mercato
- Nov 27th 2013 Naples Players present 'Our Town'
- Nov 25th 2013 Artist in residence - Anna Marie Pavlik
- Nov 19th 2013 Goodland Art Show
- Nov 17th 2013 Celebrity tattoos
- Nov 7th 2013 Artis—Naples welcomes Harry Connick Jr.
- Oct 1st 2013 Naples International Film Festival…
- Apr 25th 2013 NewsMakers: Kathleen Van Bergen
- Mar 21st 2013 NewsMakers: Frank Verpoorten
- Mar 2nd 2013 Tango instructor Pablo Repun
- Nov 23rd 2011 NewsMakers: Steffanie Pearce
- Nov 23rd 2011 NewsMakers: Mark Danni
- Oct 27th 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- May 13th 2011 "42nd Street" Rehearsals: Hey Ethel!
- Feb 25th 2011 Inside the art and antique fair
- Jun 11th 2010 Loni Love
- May 14th 2010 Radio City Rockettes demonstrate moves
- Apr 15th 2010 Myra Daniels: 'Disgustingly honest'
- Exhibition: The Art of Jerry Vallez, Naples’ Lasting Legacy Naples Depot Museum -- 9 A.M.
- Motown & Reggae Favorites 740 North Collier Boulevard, Marco Island -- 8 P.M.
- The Naples Players present “Our Town” Sugden Community Theatre -- 8 P.M.
- Comedian Mike Young Off The Hook Comedy Club -- 8 P.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Art/Rock - SWFL Lives! 5th Annual Group Show HOWL Gallery/Tattoo, 4160 Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers -- 8 P.M.
- Marco Players present The Fox on the Fairway Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- Alla Prima, Alla Fun! “Sailboat” Center for the Arts of Bonita Springs -- 5:30 P.M.
- The Naples Jazz Orchestra with Mr. Freddy Cole Cambier Park -- 7 P.M.
- The Naples Jazz Orchestra Plays the Music of Broadway Cambier Park -- 7 P.M.