Review: Florida Rep gets audience howling at "Hound of the Baskervilles"
Published 2/18/2014 at 2:16 p.m. 0 comments
Listen there, on the moor. That ghostly sound. Spine-tingling. Eerie. Holmes, Watson and dozen other characters dash out the door to investigate, finding laughs, howls and a fair suitcase of costumes along the way. If we never see "The Hound ...
Review: Lab Theater's "Altruists" offer great acting, tough questions
Published 2/18/2014 at 2:03 p.m. 0 comments
You'll love them. You'll hate them. You'll love it. You'll hate it. You'll try to forget. You can't. You'll debate it. Who's good? Who's bad? Who's honest? Who's mad? Here's a clue: They're all bad. The altruists in "The Altruists" ...
Preview: Ghostbird finds "Beauty" in broken wings, four tons of sand
Published 2/18/2014 at 1:09 p.m. 0 comments
Jim Brock turned to Virginia Woolf for inspiration in writing his new play, "Because Beauty Must Be Broken Daily," playing Feb. 19, 20, 21 and 23 at the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center in Fort Myers.
The view and the journey: 40-year retrospective of Paul Arsenault shows his wide travels, love of Old Naples
Published 2/16/2014 at 3:26 p.m. 0 comments
Paul Arsenault is the quintessential Neapolitan landscape painter. You can see this in his current exhibition at the Collier County Depot Museum through Feb. 22.
In the 239: Top 5 things to do this weekend
Published 2/13/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out Maryann Batlle's suggestions.
Sessions: Sarah Hadeka
Published 2/13/2014 at 9:39 a.m. 0 comments
I was about 6½ months pregnant and we moved down here and I thought my music career was over, because I was gigging a lot up in Columbus. - Sarah Hadeka
'Seminar': The professor is from Hell, but his students carry pitchforks, too
Published 2/12/2014 at 12:40 p.m. 0 comments
This is the Professor from Hell. And you're in his seminar class tonight.
Preview: 'People will be surprised' at the music and story of "Once"
Published 2/11/2014 at 4:32 p.m. 0 comments
"Everyone has had an ex," Matt DeAngelis told me. "Once" is that story. He's that Guy. She's that Girl. "If you've never seen a musical before, this might be the one to start," DeAngelis said, describing "Once." Love story. Musical. ...
Review: Eager writers leap at fame, talent, insults, sex in "Seminar"
Published 2/10/2014 at 6:08 p.m. 0 comments
Serve. Or be served, like a fat tennis ball, plump with new felt, fuzzy, fresh, tingling with anticipation, untouched by the hand of man until strings sail out of the sky and … THWACK. That's the message in bracing play ...
Review: Bitter battles in Conspiracy's gorgeous "Beauty Queen of Leenane"
Published 2/10/2014 at 5:57 p.m. 0 comments
It's all a deadly game to "The Beauty Queen of Leenane." Complan, biscuits, paddleballs and all become pawns in Martin McDonagh's tale of two Irish women locked in a pyrrhic inferno.
In the 239: Southwest Florida teens walk the runway for reading
Published 2/9/2014 at 2:52 p.m. 0 comments
Young people were working for young people -- and having a blast doing it.
Dance in the 239: Pilobolus confined movement, sound, vision in this program
Published 2/9/2014 at 2:11 p.m. 0 comments
Pilobolus is a strong company. But that's about all we know of its mission after Saturday night's performance at Artis--Naples.
Review: TheatreZone's "High Society" dances past "grandest party of 1938"
Published 2/7/2014 at 5:23 p.m. 0 comments
Well, did you evah? TheatreZone dances, twirls and kicks through "the grandest party of 1938," Cole Porter's "High Society," a musical version of "The Philadelphia Story." Socialites, lovers, saucy minxes, undercover reporters and misbehaving servants gallop through a diverting night.
Laughter is the best medicine: Redneck magician moonlighting as Naples anesthesiologist
Published 2/6/2014 at 11:57 a.m. 0 comments
Dr. Millard Brooks can give you laughing gas to calm your nerves before a surgical procedure. The long-time Naples resident can also make you laugh uncontrollably without a single injection or ever laying a hand on you.
Review: Naples Players debate morals in search for some "Good People"
Published 2/6/2014 at 11:02 a.m. 0 comments
Life is hard. You gotta play. But good is different than nice. The characters in David Lindsay-Abaire play "Good People" learn that - if slowly. South Boston never looked so … unappetizing as the Naples Players use a professional director ...
- Review: THE GAME'S AFOOT at Gulfshore Playhouse The Stage Door | Posted 2/24/2014 at 8:16 p.m. 0 comments
- Read the review: LES MISERABLES at Broadway Palm The Stage Door | Posted 2/24/2014 at 8:09 p.m. 0 comments
- St. Patrick's Day events in Naples The Stage Door | Posted 2/18/2014 at noon 0 comments
- Naples Players announce "Gypsy" in summer 2014, "Oklahoma!" in spring 2015 The Stage Door | Posted 2/5/2014 at 11:04 a.m. 0 comments
- Mar 1st 2014 Ticket Sales – Gulfshore Playhouse
- Feb 8th 2014 50th Anniversary of the Beatles in…
- Feb 3rd 2014 Caribbean art show on Bayshore
- Jan 25th 2014 Chalk Art on 5th Ave in Naples
- Jan 12th 2014 Bonita Springs National Art Festival
- Jan 9th 2014 Installation at Artis—Naples
- Dec 21st 2013 Barbara B. Mann Memorial
- Dec 19th 2013 On stage In the 239: 'We Will Rock You'
- Dec 16th 2013 Lakeside Country Bash 2013
- Dec 15th 2013 Barbara B Mann through the years
- Dec 8th 2013 Artis—Naples celebrates 25 years
- Dec 7th 2013 Art Basel Miami 2013
- Feb 20th 2014 The Laramie Project at FGCU
- Oct 1st 2013 Naples International Film Festival…
- Apr 25th 2013 NewsMakers: Kathleen Van Bergen
- Mar 21st 2013 NewsMakers: Frank Verpoorten
- Mar 2nd 2013 Tango instructor Pablo Repun
- Nov 23rd 2011 NewsMakers: Steffanie Pearce
- Nov 23rd 2011 NewsMakers: Mark Danni
- Oct 27th 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- May 13th 2011 "42nd Street" Rehearsals: Hey Ethel!
- Feb 25th 2011 Inside the art and antique fair
- Jun 11th 2010 Loni Love
- May 14th 2010 Radio City Rockettes demonstrate moves
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Motown & Reggae Favorites 740 North Collier Boulevard, Marco Island -- 8 P.M.
- "Lady with all the Answers" - An evening with Ann Landers Golden Gate Community Center -- 8 P.M.
- Shakespeare in Paradise Workshop (ages 13 & up) Center for Performing Arts - Moe Auditorium & Film Center Bonita Springs -- 2 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- The Graduate Laboratory Theater of Florida -- 8 P.M.