In 1953, Forrest Walker developed Little Hickory and Bonita Shores, which is a north Collier County subdivision off Bonita Beach Road. Back then, it was considered out in the wilderness, and far away from the then-county seat, Everglades City.
Because of the remote location, residents formed the association to make sure deed restrictions and other niceties remained enforced.
The club, officially named Bonita Shores & Little Hickory Shores Improvement Association, Inc., started in 1956, three years after construction began on the community. It incorporated as a non-profit in April 1960.
For anyone interested in becoming involved in the Shores Club, the annual dues are $25 per family and $15 per individual. For more information on any Shores Club activity, call 239-992-8888.